Terms and Conditions
Access to, and use of, this site and associated databases (this site) is provided by Olympus Australia Ltd ("OAS") subject to the following Terms and Conditions. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this site and should therefore cease using it immediately.
Conditions Specific to Information Available on this Web Site
- This web site contains information about products that may or may not be available in any particular country, and if applicable, may have received acceptance or market clearance by a governmental regulatory body for different indications and restrictions in different countries. Each country has specific laws, regulations and medical practices governing the communication of medical or other information about medical products on the Internet. Nothing herein should be construed as a solicitation or promotion for any product, or as an indication that any product has been authorized by the laws and regulations of the country where the user of this website resides. By using this site, you agree to make your own enquiries about the availability of products and the extent to which, if required, they have market clearance.
- This web site may contain information on medical and health-related topics. This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the medical advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. OAS assumes no responsibility for how this information is used. You should not use this information for diagnosing a health problem or disease but should always consult your own physician. In addition, although OAS tries to keep this web site as current as possible, please be aware that health care information, by its very nature, changes quite rapidly, so some materials may occasionally be out of date.
- OAS makes no representations, guarantees or warranties about the suitability of any information, contained in or referred to in this web site, for any purpose. OAS assumes no responsibility for and disclaims all liability for any errors or omissions, guarantees, warranties and conditions with regard to this web site and/or the information contained in or referred to in this web site, including without limitation all implied guarantees, warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain guarantees or warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. However, in those circumstances, OAS has no liability beyond that implied by law. This web site may contain links to web sites controlled by parties other than OAS. OAS does not review, is not responsible for, and does not endorse the contents, policies, or use of these third-party web sites. Any links to other web sites are provided as merely a convenience to the users of this web site and your decision to view or use any of such linked web sites is entirely at your own risk.
- By using this site, you agree to these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately upon your first use of this site. OAS reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
- You are responsible for reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such change to these terms and conditions. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified by the posted changes.
- You may not copy, store in any medium – including other web sites – reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, modify or show in public any part of this site in any way except for your own use, either personal or in connection with your employment, without prior written permission from OAS. You may not adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this site or use it for any other purpose.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful and proper purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by Olympus Corporation ("Olympus") or Aloka Co Ltd ("Aloka") or any third party.
- When using this site you must, and you agree to, comply with all applicable laws including, without limitation, refraining from conduct that is contrary to any law or contributing material that is illegal, that breaches any law (including, without limitation, the privacy of any person), or that may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, including by the transmission of obscene, offensive or defamatory content or by the disclosure of personal information.
- KeyMed, OAS, Olympus and Aloka do not warrant the truth or accuracy of any material displayed on or accessed through this site. In no event will KeyMed, OAS, Olympus, Aloka or associated companies be liable for any loss or damages that you or a third party may incur or suffer including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or loss of profit or data arising from the use of this site, whether in contract, negligence or in any other way whatsoever. OAS does not warrant that the operation of this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- Nothing contained within these Terms and Conditions or this site shall be construed as bestowing by implication or otherwise any licence or right of any intellectual property, including without limitation under any trademark or patent, of KeyMed, OAS, Olympus, Aloka, their associated companies, or any third party.
- Where you submit contributions to this site (including without limitation any text, graphics, video or audio), for each submission you grant OAS a royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such content worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. If you do not wish to grant such rights to OAS, you should not submit your contribution to this site. By submitting your contribution to this site, you also warrant that such contribution:
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Olympus for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory and does not infringe any law; and
- complies with paragraphs 4 and 5 above.
You will indemnify OAS against all actions, costs, claims, proceedings and liability arising from any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any jurisdiction in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- This web site is developed and maintained by OAS from its offices in Australia. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Victoria, Australia. Disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in connection with the use of this site shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
Olympus 4K Surgical Imaging Platform Receives Multiple Industry Awards
The New FLUOVIEW FV3000 confocal laser scanning microscope addresses modern science’s most difficult challenges
Olympus announces release of locally developed Olympus 4K and Olympus 3D surgical imaging video
Cost-effective, on-site XRF analysis with Vanta
New study demonstrates benefits of Olympus Spiration® Valve System in severe emphysema
Olympus Launches IPLEX NX - The Next Generation in Videoscope Inspection Technology